10.31.2013

On Getting Started

Katie and I have been spending some time thinking and talking about goals.  What are our dreams for the future? Fitness milestones? Travel goals? What do we want to do in the community?

One of my goals is to complete a so-called "Dirty Century," which is a 100-mile mountain bike race.  It's filled with agony, mud, exhaustion, and likely around 12 hours solid on a bike riding up and down mountains.  So I go started, and put in about 7 miles today.  

My legs hurt, but I've got that all around good feeling you get after a good workout, where your food tastes better, your brain works better, and you know you're going to sleep well because you're worn out.  Who knows where this'll end up, but I know that getting started beats the hell out of the other options.

No comments: