11.04.2013

Showing up with crap

I used to work with a guy named Charles, and he loved to say that the most important thing was to "show up."  More recently, I've heard an addition, that it's good to "show up, and tell the truth."  As time goes by I continue to appreciate the wisdom of all of that.

The simple fact is, the only thing worse than publishing crappy work is avoiding your poor work entirely, and pretending you don't have a problem.  When you fail to show up it allows you to hide from what's wrong, and the shadow from this takes over your life.  By showing up you hasten facing the music, and by facing your fears you can find the freedom you need to move forward.

I'm going to do this posting thing everyday, and for every lousy blog I post, I realize that I need (and want) to get better.  So the amount of work I put into finding good topics, and developing the thought continues to go up, and so does the quality.  This works for everything in life.  The best part? Show up with crap long enough, and eventually you start wanting to show up with something better.  And that's where the magic happens.

No comments: